Understanding what to do After a Truck Accident
Being involved in an accident with a truck almost always involves injury or death. If you, or a loved one, have suffered in one of these wrecks, you need a Texas truck accident lawyer to help along the way.
Because truck accidents are very different than automobile or motorcycle wrecks. There are different laws that may apply, different regulations that must be followed, and different parties that could be held liable.
Here’s how it all breaks down.
A Brief Overview of the Truck Accident Claim Process
There are a lot of steps that go into these accidents, so we’ve pared them down so you know the basics of what to expect and what we will handle for you.
Your Texas truck accident lawyer will:
- Analyze the official accident report written up by the local law enforcement.
- Review the driving logs and records of the driver of the truck and the trucking company in general.
- Review the maintenance history of the truck and when it was last inspected.
- Talk things over with your doctors, analyze medical bills, and treatment plans necessary for your full recovery.
- Review evidence, including any traffic cameras, dash cameras, witness statements, and more.
- Work with the trucking company’s insurance negotiating a settlement that fully compensates you for your losses.
If the insurance company is not willing to come to an agreeable settlement, we are willing to file a lawsuit and go to court to argue for what you deserve.
You, the victim, will:
- Know that everything is handled, reduce your stress, and focus on healing from your injuries.
When you have a Texas truck accident lawyer on your side, you don’t have to worry about all of the legal “stuff” that goes on. You don’ need to be an expert on truck crashes, because you have an expert on your side.
Why Truck Wrecks are so Different
But why do you need an attorney to handle all of this for you? Can’t you just collect the settlement offer?
Yes, you certainly could accept the settlement that the insurance company offers. However, those settlement offers are generally way less than what you fully deserve.
In addition to that, truck accidents have so many different factors to consider, are you prepared to go through them all? If you’re injured, or grieving the loss of a loved one, are you prepared to take on that task?
Knowing what happened in the wreck is one thing. But do you know which party is liable for the crash? It might be the driver, the trucking company, the maintenance crew, the company that loaded the cargo, the employer, a mixture of all of them, or someone else completely.
Check out our post on how to understand third party liability in a truck accident for some more details on that.
Herbert Law Group – Your Texas Truck Accident Lawyer
The bottom line is you’re injured: physically, emotionally, or both. And you shouldn’t have to worry about all of this stuff. It wasn’t your fault to begin with, so you shouldn’t be on the hook to clean up the mess.
That’s why we are here. As professional truck accident lawyers in the Dallas, Texas area, we know how to handle these types of cases.
All we need from you is some basic information to see if we are a good fit. Give us a call at 214-414-3808, or fill out the contact form on our site and we’ll get started with a free conversation.